• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REFINE EDGE

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this new update, It seems as though I can not use the refine edge tool.  I crop out the background using the new background remover abd then use the refine edge...nothing.  So I go the long route and use pen mode to refine edge...nothing.  Anybody have suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the background does not crop.  I have not use the tool yet. The Tool would more like mask the subject and may trim(crop) the image toe the bounds of the subject. Or it may remove the background pixels to render the background transparent.   If you want to user refine edge you may be better off using. Select subject or the new select object tool to select what to want to refine.  Refine edge refines a section  a mask can be loaded as a selection.  I would think Adobe would mask the subject and the you can user Refine Mask.

Yes T just tried using remove background from the properties panel then  I used a Shift+Click on menu Select  and Mask. Refine Mask opened.

Capture.jpg 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that as well.  That's why I stated I went the long route...Just referring to the old way before the update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean Object Selection Tool? It does not crop anything, it is quick way to make slection nothing else. One can say it is Select Subject with additional option to outline what you want to select. You can open Refine Edge/Mask either while selection is active or with layer mask in the Layers panel selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines