• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

regarding error in type tool

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I select type a popup comes up saying "could not complete Whenever I select type a popup comes up saying "Could not complete your request because of a program error." I tried everything even reset my settings. Can someone help?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

I'm sorry, I read too quickly and did not notice that you are using an old version of PS with Catalina. Adobe says 2017 is not compatible. See details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue! Can you tell us what version of Photoshop you are using? Were you able to use it before and now it's not working? Or have you upgraded anything?

You mentioned that you reset your settings, did you also reset your preferences? If not, try that and let us know if you are still having the issue.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2017 on mac OS Catalina

It just worked fine on Mojave, but after upgrading, just shows this error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to try is to right-click the Type tool in the options bar (not Tools panel) and choose Reset Tool. If that doesn't work, go to Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit (after backing up Action sets, brushes, swatches, and anything else you have created.)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything, even reset the preference. nothing seems to work, shall i try and install the 2019 or 2020 versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I read too quickly and did not notice that you are using an old version of PS with Catalina. Adobe says 2017 is not compatible. See details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Jane for the link, I think it answers my question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Rahul. Ask again if you have further questions.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines