Reinstalling Design Standard on new pc, issue with serial number...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm trying to transfer CS5 Design standard onto my new computer (which I intend to be a permanently offline computer). I have recovered the serial number from the previous installation via system info and am using the original installation disks (although I can't find the box I got them in). However, the number it shows me in system info is 20 digits long whereas when I come to reinstall on the new machine it appears to want 24 digits. Am I being an idiot? Can someone help me? Thank you!

Duncan

TOPICS
Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reinstalling Design Standard on new pc, issue with serial number...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm trying to transfer CS5 Design standard onto my new computer (which I intend to be a permanently offline computer). I have recovered the serial number from the previous installation via system info and am using the original installation disks (although I can't find the box I got them in). However, the number it shows me in system info is 20 digits long whereas when I come to reinstall on the new machine it appears to want 24 digits. Am I being an idiot? Can someone help me? Thank you!

Duncan

TOPICS
Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one in system info is truncated for security reasons. People were posting sysinfo east and west. You can't use it.

If you registered, you can retrieve the serial number in your Adobe account.

This is all moot now with CC, but bear in mind that what you originally paid for was not the software. That's always available as trials. It was the serial number to license it you paid for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, how do I find it in my adobe account?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just dug the ending of my serial number (all 24 digits) from the depths of my program data. It is now telling me the serial number is invalid. Is this because my new machine is offline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not it. Remember that suite serial numbers are not valid for single applications. Are you launching the suite installer? That's what you need to do. A standalone Photoshop installer won't work.

Once the serial number is accepted, you need to connect for the activation. This is done silently in the background. Once activation is done, you can disconnect again. (You can tell by Help > Deactivate being available).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Right, I've gone in through the main set up file on the installation disk, it's asked for my serial number which I've entered and it's still telling me that the serial number is not valid for this product which I don't understand as it was fine when I installed in on my old machine. Also, someone has private messaged me with an email address to directly talk with customer services. It has the look of a scam. Should I be right to be concerned? Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a scam. There is an ellipses in the upper right which is a (hidden) menu. Click it, then click Report to send it to Adobe. Or put a screen shot here with the user's name and we can report it.

~ Jane

0B8ABE0E-9FB4-4A51-A246-7B6ACB7B32EE.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0