Highlighted

Remove a filter from a photo

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am not a photoshop user, I'm a video guy, but I have been using some stock in my videos lately and quite a few have a filter applied, and I don't have access to the originals, here is the kind of filter I am talking about,

joel-muniz-A4Ax1ApccfA-unsplash.jpg

I know this isnt a typical question of this forum, but quite frankly, I want to remove this filter. Restoring this photograph to a less artistic more true photo, help?

It looks like the green has been pulled down? I'm just wondering if someone that has more experience with color grading can tell me what has been done to this photo to give it this flat look.

thanks for any help!

TOPICS
How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Remove a filter from a photo

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am not a photoshop user, I'm a video guy, but I have been using some stock in my videos lately and quite a few have a filter applied, and I don't have access to the originals, here is the kind of filter I am talking about,

joel-muniz-A4Ax1ApccfA-unsplash.jpg

I know this isnt a typical question of this forum, but quite frankly, I want to remove this filter. Restoring this photograph to a less artistic more true photo, help?

It looks like the green has been pulled down? I'm just wondering if someone that has more experience with color grading can tell me what has been done to this photo to give it this flat look.

thanks for any help!

TOPICS
How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if we knew which techniques the artist used and in which software (Lightroom, Camera Raw, Photoshop, other...), there's no such thing as a "filter undo" button.   I think the best you can do is copy the image, play with Adjustment Layers until it looks right.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Remove overused Instagram filter" ~ new feature on adobe photoshop 2021?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0