• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove outline from image?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this image that has a white background. If i try to remove the background or fill with black, I get this ugly grey/white outline.

logoblack.png

Is there a way to remove it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, but can you paste the original with white background please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17218553_1065976543506807_7328765267149170377_o.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is such a simple image that while you could attempt to remove the lines, It would be much easier and cleaner to just use the pen tool and redraw the shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to suggest Blend If, but moving the slider far enough to fully remove the fringe, starts eating into the tan colour, so that's a no go.

So select the white with the Magic wand with a tolerance of about 50.

Invert the selection (Shift Ctrl i) and copy to a new layer.  This removes nearly all the white background, but leaves a slight fringe

So go Layer > Matting > Defringe chose a 1 pixel radius

Job done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor

I'm assuming you erased the white background with an eraser tool. If that's the case you can "defringe" the edge to clear way the extra pixels that were leftover. Go to Layer>Matting>Defringe. You should only need a pixel setting of one for this.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi: Am trying to remove a fine black outline from around my image, put there by the printer of the image, which was returned to me in jpeg form. Layer/Matting/Defringe doesn't work for this. Can you suggest anything else? Thanks. Lorraine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to redraw, the other option that i use a lot is to use the magic wand tool at 100% select all the black, and ctrl/cmd-J to make a new layer. Lock the transparency of the layer, and refill with the black, sampled from the original. Do the same for the orange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines