• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Watermark

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to remove watermark from a pdf already created. I have Adobe Professional 7.0. The instruction said to go to watermark and click remove but I don't have the option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there a purpose to a watermark?

If you need to remove the watermark, go to the original document that created the PDF file and remove it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Isn't there a purpose to a watermark?

That's what I thought!! If it's watermarked, it's there to protect copyright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Adobe Professional 7.0? Where are you seeing "go to watermark and click remove"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1: Open the photo with a watermark in Inpaint

Step 2: Use the Marker tool to select a watermark area

Switch to the Marker tool on the toolbar and select the watermark area. Note that you can adjust the precise size of the marker for fine selection. You can also apply the Magic Wand tool to select a watermark area with one click - this works best with one-color opaque watermarks or logos.

Step 3: Run the restoration process

Finally, run the restoration process by clicking the 'Erase' button. Inpaint will process the image and will remove the watermark from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>What is Adobe Professional 7.0?

Acrobat

Maria is also posting in the Acrobat forum.

The question is if this is an Acrobat watermark or a watermark stamped on a graphic element used within the PDF file (which could make this a Photoshop issue with a stretch of the imagination).

Either way, Maria will probably have a difficult time finding any advice on circumventing copy control in a forum full of media producers. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Either way, Maria will probably have a difficult time finding any
>advice on circumventing copy control in a forum full of media
>producers.

Valid point. Though, and that's a possible explanation, she may simply have been handed one of those "another agency did this design for us 20 years ago and now we need to change it, but cannot find the original source files" tasks... Anyway, she needs to provide more details on what she actually plans on doing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, a free web template with pdf files. I choose the template because the graphic fit the layout well. And i suppose i can use the graphic that came with the package. But the problem is it has watermark sign that I could not manage to take it off. Is this just mean the graphic is copyrighted and im not allowed to use it? If there is a way to remove it, how to do it? Or I need a latest version of photoshop? Right now, Im using adobe photoshop 7.0

ie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is this just mean the graphic is copyrighted and im not allowed to use it?

Most any template, stock art or similar material comes with a license. Read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are number of reasons about the watermark on a graphic, it may be due to trial software or picture designed by someone having copyrights. We should follow the rules related to these factores. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointed to not have a decent answer here in the Adobe forums.

The standard answer in help did not apply in my case.

I have a client's pdf and a legitimate business need to remove a watermark.

Asking the client to do it on their end would be time-consuming and could involve a ridiculous amount of unnecessary effort.

This is the answer that worked for me:

Use the TouchUp Object tool on the Advanced Editing toolbar (View ->Toolbars ->Advanced Editing).
Click on the watermark to select it, Right Click-> Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DangScreenName wrote:

The reason why you did not see this discussion concluded here is because it was being asked in the wrong forum. This is the Photoshop forum. This issue was probably tidied up in the Acrobat forums.

Your solution assumes that the PDF is unlocked. If someone is producing watermarked PDF files without securing them with the minimal security from Adobe Acrobat, they might as well not be watermarked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's on the first page of Google results and the only one that was in the Adobe forums.

In my mind, that would be the first place to look. I didn't think to check for accuracy in the original post.

Sorry if I have not followed protocol, but it took me a long time to find ANY other answer in the forums than Watermark/Remove.

Perhaps you could direct me to where to find a better place for this discussions and more answers?

The method I posted worked well until I reached the longest document and is now failing miserably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discussion notes that the original poster also posted in the Acrobat forum, where you may find more info.

But a quick search shows that the duplicate post from Maria in the Acrobat forum might have been removed. It might have been too helpful in circumventing watermark copy protection and the discussion squelched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DangScreenName wrote:

Disappointed not to be able to believe all people are perfectly honest and respect others' work here in the Adobe forums.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

I apologize for the inappropriate forum.

I am not removing trademark information from pictures.

I am removing internal watermarks from a client's file in order to prep it for translation.

Asking them to remove the watermark may involve many changes of hands and is last-resort only.

I am totally in agreement that rights to work should be respected at all times.

I am simply (desperately) searching for the correct solution to my problem.

I will originate my search in the Adobe Forums and see if I can find a place where pdf issues are discussed specifically.

Sorry for any offense.

Delia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense taken nor intended, and I hope you can get your work completed with a minimum of fuss.

I was just commenting on why people didn't jump right in and lay out the steps for doing something that could be considered questionable.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kindly check below video to remove watermark

https://youtu.be/Q-WqdJFq2Jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines