Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing a path contour

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

i wish to understand how to remove the contour from this path. I used it to paint the shape but now it appears also in the final image:

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Hi

It is fairly easy to make a stroke like that using a dotted line and adjusting the gaps

So, if that is what was done,  try removing the stroke from the shape

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a Path contour.  I know the are contour Path on maps.   In Photoshop Path are not in the image. There may be path overlays in Photshop so  you can see the Path used  and even edit the paths you use to help make an image. Paths do not have image pixels themselves but they can be stroked, files with pixels. Actual Photoshop paths are not visible in an image what you see is the results of their use.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear on what you are trying to do. It looks like you ran a brush on a path - can't see your layer panels. Is that what you want to remove?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is.

I created a shape starting from the path and it has this kind of contour i wish to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean it has this kind of contour.  A path is a mathematical formula that can be added as a vector layer mask to make a shape layer and the path can be stroked and filled different  ways and the shape layer can have layer style effect added some of the effects user contours. Where did you add this contour. Recreate the shape and do not add the unwanted contour.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to show us a screen shot with the layers panel visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be even better if you upload your PSD files and post a link to it and in the PSD you outline this contour you have created. For what you have posted I have no ideat what contour you are referring to. All I see is what looks like a pattern fill is some peanut shapes

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it these peanut shapes you want to remove? They should be in a layer that you can turn off or delete, but we can't see your layers panel...

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 11.40.43 AM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Yup, it's the peanut shape i want to remove.

1.JPG2.JPG

Here the screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shape and path you show does not match the peanuts on the image you show.  Upload your PSD and post a link to it. Your image looks like peanuts on a chainsaw bar. Your path and shape looks like a bird.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

It is fairly easy to make a stroke like that using a dotted line and adjusting the gaps

So, if that is what was done,  try removing the stroke from the shape

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines