Highlighted

Removing background, properties panel, refine edge

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove a background from a photo in PS2020.  When I select and mask the correct properties pallet doesn't come up so I don't have the refine edge brush or can't change the opacity of the mask.  I have attached a screenshot of what I do get.  Any help is welcome.

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Removing background, properties panel, refine edge

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove a background from a photo in PS2020.  When I select and mask the correct properties pallet doesn't come up so I don't have the refine edge brush or can't change the opacity of the mask.  I have attached a screenshot of what I do get.  Any help is welcome.

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have selected/active: selection or layer mask? In either case, with selection active or with layer mask selected in the Layers panel activate selection tool like Lasso tool and click on Select and Mask button in the Options bar to open desired workspace.

You can also use Select > Select and Mask or Alt + Ctrl + R keyboard shortcut.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0