• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing green screen background from footage in PhotoShop

Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there,

I have made some footage with green screen background. Of course now, I have to change it to the real one. Is there a way to remove green screen in photoshop without rotoscoping a layer mask from frame to frame?

I'm using PhotoShop, because I just need strict cuts and rarely blends. Premiere and After Effects seem to be oversized for my purposes, though I can't really handle both of them, because of my lack of experience. But I'm familiar to PhotoShop since 1992.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on your version of Photoshop, the image, and your skills. Post a screen shot of the image on here. 

In the meantime try: Select > Subject 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about editing video frame by frame?  It's not a job I'd want to take on.  We do have some very nifty selection tools now that might work well with a similar coloured background (i.e. green) but you'd need to do it frame by frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yes, I'd missed the word "footage" in the heading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines