Exit

Rename layer based on swatch color name. / color path

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

Hope you can help me. 

I have created a custom pallet of color/swatches where every color has it's own name.

I need to know if  there is a way that whenever i pick o color in the color fill layer, that layer is renamed as the color picked from the pallet. 

I would love a solution where the naming could include the structure/path of the color, but i think that might involve some scripting, and i have no idea how to do that.

Thank you,

Florin

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know of any way to select a color by swatch group and swatch color name so I do not think it would be possible to rename the fill layer's name to swatch group and color even wit a Photoshop script.  Name need not be unique  and swatch and group can be  renamed,  Name may not be a good identifier in the first place.  You may want the user the color hex value to identify the color. You most likely can retrieve the current color. However,  A Fill layers color can be changed easly without changing the layer name. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines