• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming ACR presets

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, renaming the xmp file in ACR has changed the name of the preset. Now it is impossible! This means that renaming the xmp file does not change the name of the preset! Why??? How do I change the name of an existing preset in ACR WITHOUT copying all settings (to new file / preset)?

When I have 50 presets (for example) and want to change their name, I would have to copy EACH ONE in turn. It will last forever!  Please help!
Maybe it is possible to turn off in the Photoshop - so that it does not save the preset name inside the file, but as in the old version downloaded the preset name after the file name? This solution was much better! Helped to organize the presets.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi agnieszkap,

Please check the below discussion and tutorial, related to the same query.

Rename and remove Presets - Adobe Camera Raw (Settings folder does not appear)

Renaming Presets in Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not the point. I know where XMP files are stored. The point is that in the new version of Photoshop the program reads presets not from the file name as before, but from the name "stuck" in the xmp file (inside code). And that means, that renaming the XMP file does not change the name of the preset. How to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines