Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Video from Photoshop wrong poster frame

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest Windows, latest Photoshop

I rendered a timeline video from Photoshop and in Windows, the Preview of the file shows a frame other than frame one. I get frame 7 or on other exports, even further on. 

I'm trying to embed into Storyline and even there it shows that odd frame when the video is on stand by, before the user clicks to play it. How can I set it to show frame 1?

I tried opening in Media Encoder and Premiere Pro and exporting and it makes no difference.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you are happy with the video exported out from Photoshop but are unhappy with the preview image of the video displayed by other programs and/or your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct. For example when I hit play in Storyline, it suddenly jumps to the beginning and plays from there but the preview is frame 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upon inspecting the exported video in Premiere, it's actually :15 longer than it should be.

I'ts 5 seconds in Photoshop, but the exported mp4 is 5:15.

And my animation has that part flying up from frame one and the exported mp4 has one second of stillness before it animates. Then :15 of stillness at the end instead of the one second I designated in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines