Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering a wall over an image

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I run a construction business building retaining walls and have had some training in photoshop some years back. I have been trying to figure out a way that I can take a photo of an area at someone's property and render a concrete sleeper wall for the quote so the client can see the proposed idea. I could spend time with a single cropped sleeper and stack them up and try to create a brushed steel looking post across a whole image but I know there has got to be an easier method.

If some guru is able to google search some concrete sleeper retaining walls and see what I am talking about and try to give me a few steps that would be really appreciated and help my business out a lot.

Kind regards,

Shane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you might consider is something like SketchUp, a 3-D program well suited for archetectural and mechanical design, and has a feature where you can position your wall to match an existing shot of a site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SketchUp is good software but i'd use Dimension for pure speed its made for this type of workflow and hard to beat

free bench = AdobeStock_212779431

match imagematch imageadd walladd walladd colour and patternadd colour and patternrendorrendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had much experience with this program?
How would I go about doing a wall over the top of an image I take on my phone?

I had a play around on there a bit because it's free with my subscription but it seems to lack the support videos on youtube for something like what I am trying to achieve. Is there a way I can create a sleeper and posts preset and drop them in accordingly?

Sorry about all the questions but if you're able to help that would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example I couldnt even figure out how to draw the square as you had in the photos, it has none of the same keys as photoshop so I struggled. Is there a way to drag each corner of a rectangle out over an image like you have in the photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are a few tutorials made by the marketing team and they show the basics

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/tutorials.html

Screenshot (1109).png

for what you actually want as a workflow there are not going to be many youtube vids

• Photo, use a 35mm camera in F8 and Raw images... toss your phone back in the car and pick up a 2nd hand camera and make sure you have a fair amount of the ground in the image

hard photohard photomodelsmodelsmaterialsmaterialseditsedits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had much experience with this program?

yes I also like to play in the garden which i think helps

Is there a way I can create a sleeper and posts preset and drop them in accordingly?

yes you can make 3D models for all your walls... imo Adobe Stock is a good place to find free models and you can use photos to match textures for the materials

Dimension works well with Photoshop and for that matter SketchUp or Blender are good options for making models but you know as well as anyone that each backyard is different so the most important part is the photo you have to go from

p.s, Questions are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shane if you are using Windows, then Lazy Nezumi Pro has a preset that helps you match a scene's perspective. You start by dragging the guide lines to align with the perspective, and can then box in your retaining wall.

image.png

You can use these guides to Free Transform your wall to exactly match the scene's perspective

image.png

image.png

Unfortunately Lazy Nezumi is only available for Windows, but it has an incredible array of super useful functions.

Lazy Nezumi Pro - Mouse and Pen Smoothing for PhotoShop and other Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines