• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repair PS file

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I repairs a crashed PS file, when I open it, all my layers are gone, it's just showing S black screen 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is corrupt, it's gone. You can try third-party recovery software (google it) but chances are usually slim.

File corruption is always caused by failing hardware! You need to find and replace the failing component ASAP, before it spreads. It can be a drive about to fail, but it can also be something as simple as a bad cable or connector. The latter is a very real possibility if you use external drives.

A power cut during save can also corrupt files, but in that case it's a one-off incident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to D Fosse's excellent advice, always save regularly and incrementally and also make external backup copies, then you can at least return to an earlier version if disaster befalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines