• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeat edge pixels for filters?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a fabric designer and I'd love to be able to use filters like mosaic tile when I create seamless patterns. As it is, if I filter>offset after applying the tile, I have a hard edge that's very difficult to clone stamp to look like something seamless. Does anyone know if there is a way to set filters to wrap edges?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francesco, thanks for the link! I'm very familiar with filter offset. The issue is for filters like mosaic tile, which are sharp random shapes. The filter fills in mosaic tile shapes for the entire image. Then if you filter>offset to 50% of the pixels for both vertical and horizontal, you have this blunt line across the center of the image. Normally you would just use the clone stamp tool and brush over a similar area, but for filters that have a very obvious shape, like mosaic tile, it's difficult to really achieve a "seamless" look without painstakingly erasing the entire center and re-drawing the random shapes that mosaic tile achieves. 

I want to know if there is a way (or if a feature could be added, hint hint) to "wrap" edge pixels within the actual filter gallery itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: I'm sorry, I meant STAINED GLASS, NOT mosaic tile! ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you might want to reverse your approach and create a seamless tile of the »Mosaic Tile« effect on 50% gray to use as a Pattern Overlay. 

Please post screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines