• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Photoshop 21.2 Redraw Bug

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the 21.2 version. Now, whenever I use any transform function. The background of that doesn't redraw properly but instead seems like it leaves a preview of where the image used to be. Almost like a duplicate layer except there is no dup. Glitchy.

{Moderator Note: PS 49561}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy Compositing is now on by default. This happened with the June 2020 update. Please change this soonest. Those of us who had never even heard of Legacy Compositing before this thread had no idea what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the modern Compositing Engine was introduced (might have been with Photoshop CC 2019 but I am not completely sure) it provided unintended results for some users in some situations, that’s why it was necessary that Legacy Compositing be available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Eventually Legacy Compositing will be removed completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Legacy Compositing’s current state (Layers’ Blend Modes malfunctioning badly, too, under certain circumstances) removing it seems kind of moot …

photoshop21-2_LegacyCompositingBug2_1.pngphotoshop21-2_LegacyCompositingBug2_2.pngphotoshop21-2_LegacyCompositingBug2_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely off by default with a clean install and prefs reset. Are you sure you didn't accidentally tick it and forget about it in the past?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m with same problem when I move any layer

I did the same on illustrator and indesign to test, there are ok, only on Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uncheck Legacy Compositing and restart Photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we did it now with Adobe, thanks alot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked now with Adobe, Go to - Edit >> Preferences >> Performance >> see if Legacy compositing is checked. And uncheck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2 is really not ready for prime time! Adobe seems to constantly ignore the basic "bread and butter" issues in lieu of a new feature. I cannot make a transform and move an image without the said layer being retained. It creates total visual confusion.

My work around is to create a white color fill RGB all 255 or CMYK all 0. Shut the layer on and off. It restores the display and layers to normal. This bug has really hindered my productivity. Turning off Legacy Compositing does not correct this issue! Even Adobes universal problem corrector "Rename present preferences with the "old" prefix and reboot" does not work.

I am working on an iMac pro with the Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB. This card has been out for almost 2 years and STILL Adobe cannot verify its complicity to Adobe standards! Come on Adobe support your customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure: Did you restart after turning off Leacy Compositing? 

If it indeed makes no difference for you please add your vote and post your System Info over on 

Photoshop 21.2: Moving layer leaves duplicate/shadow image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes legacy compositing was turned off.I did restart. No difference. Please see my workaround on my previous Email

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem with texts and layers displaying incorrectly.

1. I add text plus some icons. I then group them. I select the group and using the move tool, I move the group. The Group moves but leaves the original tect and icons...  The original text and icons cannot be moved.

2. I tried This on another file I moved the text..  Then it looked like I had duplicated the text...  But there was no duplicate.

Please advise a solution

VB Rgds

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed the problem! Many thanks!!

Much appreciated!

VB Rgds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix splash screen on Russian language.Снимок экрана 2020-06-22 в 18.22.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue and unchecking "Legacy Compositing" in Performance settings helped. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  This helped me too.

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hide unhide layers .... sometimes it works ...sometimes not... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying this at times.  But what really works is to hide/unhide the bottom most layer, or background layer.  Works almost everytime.

But turning off legacy compositing really seems to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having the same issue and unchecked Legacy. Performance is better, but now I get the cavas freeze again. When moving the image with move tool the screen freezes but photoshop keeps acting like it's fine. I have to save and close the image, then reopen. Only for it to freeze again 5 mins later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the screen freeze issue returning yet and hopefully don't.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We (group of designers) updated our Adobe programs this morning with the new programs.  In Photoshop when we change something on a layer or make a new layer the document does not refresh and the previous change stays on the document and the new one is there too.  If I would click a layer on or off it seems to refresh, sometimes.   Please fix or offer a solution as this is very annoying.   Tempted to uninstall the program and reinstall the older version.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the operating system of the computer you are using?

You can check: Photoshop 21.2: Moving layer leaves duplicate/shadow image

Please try the workaround suggested in the conversation and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Nikunj 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Windows 10 Pro.  Will try what you suggested and get back to you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines