• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Color not working - Photoshop 2018

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Enhance, Adjust Color, Replace Color, I use the eyedropper to select the foreground color ("f9fdff") of my PSD file.  In the Replacement box at the bottom, I click on the Result square to bring up the Color Picker (Result Color) box.  There I type in "ffffff" as the color I want "f9fdff" replaced with and choose OK.  The Result box in the Replace Color dropdown now appropriately shows "ffffff" as the color with which to replace "f9fdff".  I click OK to make the replacement happen and no change occurs. 

Suggestions please!

(Note: Fuzziness is set to 0, I've tried it with Localized Color Clusters checked and uncheck - no success)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White, gray or black are not colors. They are the absence of color.

There is no color to replace. The tool works, but it has nothing to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was hoping that wasn't the answer but appreciate your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Replace Color is a very crude and primitive tool, and I would never recommend it to anyone. Plus it causes a lot of misunderstanding like here. "Color" in everyday language may include white and black, but in Photoshop (and color theory) it has a much more specific meaning, separate from luminance/brightness.

There are much more precise and more flexible ways to do this. Painting on a separate layer set to Color blend mode achieves the same thing, and allows you to use masks to target the area precisely - and reversibly so that you can go back and readjust.

If you need to take an off-white area and turn pure white, you'd use Levels to set the white point, again possibly using masks to target a specific area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  I'll have to try that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines