Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

replace missing fonts in photoshop cs4

Apr 03, 2010 Apr 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to find and replace all missing fonts in Photoshop CS4?

Please help.

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reinstall from the original media, the default fonts should reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is what the OP is asking; but I could be wrong.  

The more likely issue is the old one of opening an existing document and receiving a message to the effect that one or more fonts used in that document are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even sure Photoshop CS4 installs any fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 04, 2010 Apr 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's installed as part of a creative suite, there is a default set of Adobe fonts that install. I'ts been so long since I installed just PS that I really couldn't say whether there are any fonts that install with it.

As to the issue of a PSD having fonts that aren't on the user's system that really ISN'T an Adobe problem.

There are dozens of free font download sites to cure it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm sorry but I don't have any problem with fonts, I can't burn my

photoshop project to a DVD in any format other than wmvg. I am not at all

compuer savvy so have I got my wires crossed and does this have something to

do with my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your attention to my problem.. However, I did not get an answer to my question. 

The second responder was correct what I meant was

"The more likely issue is the old one of opening an existing document and receiving a message to the effect that one or more fonts used in that document are missing."

when this is the case, in the old photoshop, I could replace the fonts with substitutes that I did have on my computer, however, in PSCS4, I can not

find the mechanism (menu choice) that will enable me to do this.

Anyone?

Happy Easter to all of you.

And thank you again.

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elizabeth, there is a "Replace All Missing Fonts" command under Layer->Type, but it's of limited functionality. If you re-add/activate the fonts that are missing (which is hard to know since there isn't an easy way to get a list of all used or missing fonts), then you can use the command to automatically re-recognize the fonts. Otherwise, it just replaces the fonts with standard serif/san-serif fonts. You don't have the option of selecting which fonts to substitute with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you wish to use that font (ie not substitute it) install the font on your mac...:

check here: http://www.fontyukle.net

great source...

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to do this is to SELECT all the TYPE LAYERS (hold ctrl) and CHANGE the FONT in the CHARACTER panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way but costing money is FontExplorer X Pro, it has an autoactive feature that works really well at least in illustrator and indesign as they are my main programs, don't do too much font work in photoshop, but can't see no reason for it not working in photoshop.

It really is a must have application for any desktop publisher it makes life so much more about design then all the other things that get in your way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines