• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacement for Fireworks?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a technical writer and I need a simple photo editor. The problem is: I want to add vector files (text, etc.) to my bitmap files (photographs). What is my best option? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The best option is to use a combination of Photoshop (for image editing) and Illustrator for vector. Place the image(s) into Illustrator as either linked or embedded files, and create the rest in Illustrator.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can actually just use Photoshop. Its not a SIMPLE photo editor, its a very advanced one.... but you can learn slowly to use Camera Raw for editing. And then you can add text easily with the Text tool. All text in Photoshop is Vector based .... and you can import vector files, or files from Illustrator, or you can even use the various shapes tool to create rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, and custom shapes (all vector).

Or you could also use Adobe Lightroom, great for cataloging, rating and improving your images, definitely not as advanced as Photoshop, but it might be a useful tool. Then you can always open photos in Lightroom in Photoshop to add text, or composite images.

Let me know if you need any help.

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines