Highlighted

Replacing a sky

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to replace a sky for a real estate shoot. I am following all the directions, but when I get to "lasso tool" and use it, then add a layer of the image it does not show the sky behind the area I lassoed....if that makes any sense. Any suggestions on how to replace a sky? Not sure what I am doing wrong. THANKS!

Sarah

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

First you mask out the unwanted portion of your current sky to reveal a new sky layer behind it.

Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Fundamentals

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Replacing a sky

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to replace a sky for a real estate shoot. I am following all the directions, but when I get to "lasso tool" and use it, then add a layer of the image it does not show the sky behind the area I lassoed....if that makes any sense. Any suggestions on how to replace a sky? Not sure what I am doing wrong. THANKS!

Sarah

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

First you mask out the unwanted portion of your current sky to reveal a new sky layer behind it.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2017 1
Pattie-F LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try the new Photoshop Sky Replacement feature that released this year at Max: Sky Replacement 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0