Highlighted

Replacing an Image In Photoshop when the file has updated

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to know is there a solution so that when you export a png or a jpeg file into an already existing file, and that file is in a PSD file, how can you make it so photoshop updates the image so I don't have to copy any data into a new image?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Replacing an Image In Photoshop when the file has updated

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to know is there a solution so that when you export a png or a jpeg file into an already existing file, and that file is in a PSD file, how can you make it so photoshop updates the image so I don't have to copy any data into a new image?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description seems plenty vague to me but I suspect Linked Smart Objects may provide a solution for you. 

Could you elaborate and post meaningful screenshots that illustrate the Layer structure of the file in which you want to switch in the new content? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so basically I run a type beat business and it would be a lot easier if when I opened up the photoshop file the image that I have overwritten with a new image (but still the same file and name) and all the settings and blurs and filters are all attached to the same image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have a file in which a Linked Smart Object has Filters applied etc. and replace the original file you can update it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save your layered Image Document as a Layered Tiff, a Layerd PSD and a Flat Jpeg and a flat PNG with transparency.  You woul have 4 Images files  a Tif, a PSD, a jpg and a png.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, maybe I misunderstood the original poster. 

Further information about what they intend to achieve would seem useful. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 1