Highlighted

'Request' from Adobe for screenshot

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently while working in Photoshop, out of the blue I got a popup from Adobe requesting a screenshot of the work I was doing at the time. I canceled it. Has anyone else had this kind of request? I thought it was weird.

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'Request' from Adobe for screenshot

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently while working in Photoshop, out of the blue I got a popup from Adobe requesting a screenshot of the work I was doing at the time. I canceled it. Has anyone else had this kind of request? I thought it was weird.

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had that happen or heard of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen such a thing , and I use Photoshop daily.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play it safe. Change your Adobe password.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not known to do this, but there are similar pop-ups for other reasons:

Are you using a recent Mac operating system?

Did the message look like the one in this forum post?

Photoshop Requesting access to record my computer's screen? - Any comments?

If that is what you saw, it’s part of Apple’s tighter privacy disclosure requirements in recent versions of macOS. Do you remember what you were doing in Photoshop when the message came up? If it was something like the Eyedropper tool, which needs to read the screen to see what the colors are to sample, it can trigger the warning under Apple’s new tighter rules, even for operations that Photoshop has been doing for 30 years. This type of macOS warning is currently confusing users of many Mac applications (not just Adobe) that sample the screen for various normal purposes.

If that’s what it was, clicking the Deny button might cause a Photoshop feature to not work in the future.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, from what I remember it was a white background, though I've seen multiple requests for access to apps after installing Catalina, It COULD have been the eyedropper thing. I was just shocked at its appearance so it might in fact been the eyedropper tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also a good idea to run your malware and anti-virus protection in case this is not from Adobe. If you got a screen shot, please post it for us.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had, but I didn't grab a screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0