• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

require CS3 downloadable version to new Windows laptop.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have my serial number off my CD program, but my new laptop doesnt have a CD driver. 
i need a download version to install to my laptop. (i already know CS3 is an old version, i am happy with using it and do not want to upgrade.)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you may have painted yourself into a corner then, because the CS3 Activation Servers are no longer online. (edited)

When one decides to stick with obsolete software one should make sure one is able to roll back any and all software and hardware updates in case they »break« the set-up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there no way to install CS3 to a new computer then...? 
i have the original CD i just need to find a CD driver to plug in USB worst case, no? i simply dont have the CD beside me is all, im away visiting family. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also what OS version does your new Laptop run? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the laptop is a new HP Spectre. it has windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 can't be activated anymore, period. Whether it installs or not is moot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The page 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-old-versions.html

lists Photoshop CS3 as compatible with 

»

• Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)

«

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not downloaded the CS3 installer that does not require activation your out of luck.  CS3 is also a 32bit application it will not be compatible if you are  a Mac user with new versions of OSX 

Adobe no longer offers their old CS3 user the CS3 installer that install a CS3 version that does not need to be activated.

So use your CS3 on you old machine and clone your disk  so you have a backup in place. You may need to test the clone to see if CS3 hidden activation was cloned.

I download the new CS3 installer so I would have a back up.

Though CS3 Install and run not activated on my Windows 10 workstation.  It a 32 Bit application  so it can not use all my machines resources.  CS3 is old software.

image.png

Registration does not work but CS3 does.

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines