• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize/Scale proportionally (percentages) all texts (different layers) in a file

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope everyone is doing as fine as possible.

So, could anyone gimme some help on how to create a script that would resize all my texts in a file?

I create a lot of menus for restaurants etc, sometimes I come to the conclusion it would be better if every text were 15% smaller, for e.g., but I have hundreds of different layers, with different hierarchies. Free transform would solve but then every text would move - and the main reason behind proportionally resizing everything together is to keep every element exactly where they are.
I don't have any special requirements concerning text boxes nor anything like that, I'd just like to resize fonts and keep everything in place.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Character or Paragraph Styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! To be honest, I've forgotten about it. That does make things a bit easier, but in some cases I also have tons of elements at the same hierarchy with different font-families (about 30 or 40 titles for e.g.) and thus, sizes (for. e.g., titles range between 24 pt and 36 pt), so I the only thing I can think of that could manage this would be resizing everything using Percentages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you change the font size, the position of the letters also changes (depending on the anchor point and the current size). In my opinion, in most cases there is no difference between transforming a layer and changing the font size. Can you elaborate on what effect you want to achieve by saying "and keep everything in place"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines