• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

resize shape depending on text

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some trouble figuring this out, and am suspecting it is not possible in Photoshop at the moment. 

For a client i typically have to create many lower third titles (still image png's).

What i want to do is make a template (excel sheet) for the client to fill out where they can provide a name and a title, then export a CSV which they send to me. Then i could process that file automatically using a Photoshop droplet that reads from this CSV file. <-- so far so good, this part i can do

However the client has specific branding rules where they have boxes behind the lines of text that scale along with the text length. Currently i see no way other than manually adjusting these boxes for each title. 

What i really would like photoshop to do, is look at the text input from the csv file, determine where the text ends and adjust the box size (width) to an x amount of pixels past the last character. 

Is what i want to do achievable in photoshop? or would i need to look at After Effects for this workflow? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about a text layer and a shape layer. Where the text  area is smaller then the shape area and the text is centered over the shape. You could most like write a Photoshop that would resize the shaped bounds to be some percent larger then the changed text layers bounds and then center the text over over the resized shape.  The Shape Layer Aspect Ratio will vary so the way the shape layer looks will vary.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, indeed a text and shap layer. however the shape bounds need to be sizing from a certain anchor point. I managed to get the workflow that i want in Indesign 🙂 good thing Adobe has more than one piece of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a script you can align a layer to a point as well as resize the layer. If you know the point. You would select the pixel. the align the layer vertical and horizontal center to that selection. You would most likely align the  text layer also to that point,  because you sized the shape layer size to be relative to the text layers bounds.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can all be done fairly easily with a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you show me how please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide a meaningful description of your intended process along with sample images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines