• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing/Lag Problems since 2020 update

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I installed photoshop 2020 I have had a lot of trouble that I never had with 2014. The biggest is that resizing an image file (11x17 600dpi --> 1200 dpi) takes over an hour. Sometimes up to two. It was almost instantanious previously. 

Other parts of the program are much slower too (although the resizing is the only thing that makes it impossible to work). Booting up especially takes quite a while.

If you don't have a fix, is there any way I could just re-install 2014?

Thank you,

Jake

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that 2014 isn't available anymore (what was that? Version 15?). But if you need to ever install an older version, it's here (click the more "..." to reveal the submenu):

other versions.png

When you say 11x17 is that...inches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep,

11x17 inches. If I wond up installing an old version, is there a good way to uninstall every current version on my computer?

Also have you ever heard of this re-size problem before?

-Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

11x17 inches isn't too big even at 1200 DPI but could be a problem if you're low on RAM. It certainly doesn't sound right that it's taking that long. Are there a lot of layers in this document? I haven't heard of this issue just yet.

How long does it take to boot up Photoshop?

Yes, you'd use the same menu via the Creative Cloud Desktop App per my last screenshot to uninstall any other version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines