Resizing of even small images under 150k are very very slow

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently running version 23.3, latest build on a one year old 27in iMac with a 3.7 6 core Intel Core i5 with 40 GB of memory with the Radeon Pro 580x 8 GB.

It seems in the last update something changed and the performance has dropped dramatically.  I have tried the prescribed performance changes, the legacy setting has been removed but the performance reminds me of being in the 90s when you would ask Photoshop to do something and then take a break.  The only fix I have found works is the percentage setting in the lower-left corner.  Trying to enlarge or reduce the image using a trackpad is producing very slow results that are not controllable.  I have also seen that when trying import and .svg file I get a string of error messages about missing files and I have to force quit the app.

I suggest you take us back a version until you have this sorted unless there is a fix.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

And you are free to »take yourself back« to version 22.2,x – just make sure to back-up your presets first. 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Are you actually talking about resizing an image or the display magnification of an image on screen? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines