Highlighted

Restrictions on new Sky Replacement feature?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Photoshop CC 2021 with the new Sky Replacement feature.  I tried to use it on a .psb file, but the Sky Replacement menu under Edit was greyed out.  I then tried the new Select Sky feature and that function was available (although it didn't do a good job on making the sky selection).  Is there some limit on file size or aspect ratio for Sky Replacement?  I was trying to use it on a large panorama that was just under 4 GB.  I tried it on another .psb file that was 2.1GB and that worked.  Both files were in 16 bit image mode.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Restrictions on new Sky Replacement feature?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Photoshop CC 2021 with the new Sky Replacement feature.  I tried to use it on a .psb file, but the Sky Replacement menu under Edit was greyed out.  I then tried the new Select Sky feature and that function was available (although it didn't do a good job on making the sky selection).  Is there some limit on file size or aspect ratio for Sky Replacement?  I was trying to use it on a large panorama that was just under 4 GB.  I tried it on another .psb file that was 2.1GB and that worked.  Both files were in 16 bit image mode.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no file size limit for Sky Replacement. However, there are some other limits for Sky Replacement, e.g the opened file must be in the RGB mode. Could you check if your 4GB .psb file in the RGB mode?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, the file is in RGB 16 bit mode. However,
I did just figure out the issue and I'll chalk it up to user error. When I
had opened up the file, I had an adjustment layer selected. Once I
selected one of the image layers in the file, the Sky Replacement option
became available. Again, thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0