Highlighted

Returning to photoshop from plugins does not return control to the active photoshop window on Mac

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly use 3rd party plugins like Topaz or Luminar, launching them from within photoshop.  Since Photoshop 2020 was introduced, upon return from the plugin to Photoshop, the active window is changed to the desktop.  This means you have to click on the Photoshop window to activate it.  Since I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, this is a major nuissance.  This issue is new from previous versions.  Is there a setting in preferences or a workaround to get Photoshop to return to the window that was active when the plugin was launched?  This behavior occurs with Photomatix, DXO's Nik Software, Skylum Software's Luminar 4, Topaz AI Sharpener, Denoise, Mask AI, and several others.  Anyone have any insights?

Thanks!!

Bill

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Returning to photoshop from plugins does not return control to the active photoshop window on Mac

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly use 3rd party plugins like Topaz or Luminar, launching them from within photoshop.  Since Photoshop 2020 was introduced, upon return from the plugin to Photoshop, the active window is changed to the desktop.  This means you have to click on the Photoshop window to activate it.  Since I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, this is a major nuissance.  This issue is new from previous versions.  Is there a setting in preferences or a workaround to get Photoshop to return to the window that was active when the plugin was launched?  This behavior occurs with Photomatix, DXO's Nik Software, Skylum Software's Luminar 4, Topaz AI Sharpener, Denoise, Mask AI, and several others.  Anyone have any insights?

Thanks!!

Bill

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent the last week talking to Adobe about this without resolution.  We have done everything from completely removing all Adobe products, preferences, data, etc, and doing a clean install to using a previous version to starting up my Mac in safe mode. Nothing fixed it.  Just got off a three-hour call with a senior tech who is going to escalate my case to the design team.  I am supposed to hear back from them in the next 24-48 hours.  If I find a solution, I'll let you know.  Adobe claims no one else has contacted them about this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM FOUND!  After working with Jeff Tranberry, an Adobe Senior Exec, the problem is the DXO or Nik panel.  If you close the panel, PS works perfectly, and no more loud donk, or having to click on the window to activate it.  I will be approaching Nik to get tech support from them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0