• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverting to Legacy Free Transform - click to commit

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to go back to the legacy way of rotating in the new free transform?  In the free transform tool before, you could go far outside the bounding box to rotate.  Now if you go too far outside of the box it exits the transform tool. (Click to commit)  So now I have to be extra careful where I put my cursor to rotate.  I was hoping to get used to it, but even months later it is still tripping me up.  

For me there is no benefit to the new method.  Before I could effortlessly rotate without bothering where my cursor was.  Now I have to slow down, make sure I am not too far out, and then rotate.  Far too often it exits out of the transform mode, so then I have to undo, and re-transform.  

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.  

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand the inconvenience this might be causing as the feature goes against years of muscle memory.

The reason why this is happening is due to another feature introduced with the 2018 version of Photoshop where you do not need to click on the check mark to commit to the changes and you can simply click anywhere to commit to the changes you have made.

You can check the workaround mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/enable-optional-extensions-photoshop-cc.html#disable_click_to_c...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I will definitely try that to see if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It worked! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines