• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click bringing up list of layers but not layer I clicked on like osx

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? On my PC if i right click I get a list of layers within that artboard and I have to go searching for the layer I actually want. On OSX and my mac, I right click and it automatically shows the layer I right clicked on as the topmost item. Have the latest photoshop CC. ANyone know how to get my PC photoshop to display the right clicked layer as the topmost selection?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Direct Selection tool selected check Auto Select: Layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im aware of this one however its not what im referring to. If I get a chance to do a screenshot to explain ill update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify, the right click for both mac and pc brings up the list of layers however on mac it actually highlights the layer i right clicked on. PC doesnt. Anyway to get the PC one to highlight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has an answer to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The windows version of photoshop doesn't do that for whatever reason, so there is nothing to troubleshoot, however you can make a feature requst over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe it does work on PC, but when hovering your image and rightclicking, you have to select an actual layer and not simply the group. Otherwise it won't open the group and jump to it in the layer panel. When you rightclick your image somewhere and select an actual layer from the dropdown list, the layer window will open its group and jump to that layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines