Exit

Ripple Tool Error

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.31.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 2.52.33 PM.png
I am using the ripple tool on this photograph and this is what happens. It doesn't happen right away, I can get through a chunk of it and then it does this, anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Also: What do you mean by »Ripple Tool«?

There is a Filter called Ripple but no Tool of that name in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for responding. The tool is Liquify, I wasn't thinking straight. I'm trying to recreate an image and origianlly tried with the ripple effect but what I was actually going after is the liquify tool, here is a photo with the whole workspace. I used the tool on the left side of the guitar (hard to see in this image) but that worked. I am assuming this is an error.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.44.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? (Not on the existing Layer but when applying the Filter anew.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe so, I tried that and then it was so incredibly slow, unusably. I have turned it back on. Happy to try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it makes a difference that means there is likely a problem with your GPU driver or the GPU itself may de under-dimensioned. 

You could also try changing the Advanced Settings to see if there is a combination that helps avoid the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines