• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate 2D + Video Timeline animation not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2D smart object layer in a video timeline.  I can get a working keyframe rotation only one time. (transform / rotate / 180).  I proceed to create the next keyframes for more 180 rotations but they just don't move.  The first one works, but every keyframe thereafter does not.  It doesn't seem to make sense, what gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seem that Photoshop rotates  in the range -180 to +180  as far as I know you cans not rotate more thay 180 in a single transform  the range seem to be Pules or minus 0 to 180. Out of habit I do a 360 rotaten usin 4 key frames each a 90 degree rotate like -90, -179.99,  +90, +0....

image.pngRotateSO.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It's not really intuitive on Adobe's part, but that did the trick!

You seem to know alot about video timeline animation, so if you don't mind, I have two further questions about it:

1) By this method, it would seem to me that I cannot do more than one single 360 rotation within the timespan of my video.  Is that correct?    IE. If I have a 1 minute long video and I want something to rotate many times during it, this would only do one very sloooow rotation over the course of 1 minute, which is not ideal.

2) Once I apply these rotation keyframes, it seems that anything else I do to the layer, gets lumped into the animation, even if I don't want it to.  IE.  I have setup my 360 degree rotation as you said, but now I realized, I need to move the layer a bit. Now this movement, gets merged into the animation and I can't seem to find a way around that....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make the timeline any length you need and add key frames change movement add object and animate them etc 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the problem that Photoshop doesn't care about given parameters and calculates the numbers on its own. I don't get it. Seems like I have to do it manually frame by frame. (First KeyFrame is 0°, second ist 

Rotation.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines