Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate canvas without changing brush tool in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm trying to rotate the canvas right or left without changing the brush tool while drawing, there is any shortcut to do it? Because I used them in the past and I can't remember the position in the menu in order to change them back. I'm not refering to the R shortcut for the rotate tool, since I have to allways go back to the brush tool, but something to use with the wacom wheel in order to rotate left and right.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can rotate a brush tip with the left/right arrow keys. Holding Shift will increment in 15-degree increments. There is also a new angle widget in the Tool Options bar.

Please let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not refering to the brush tip but to the canvs. I solved it through the wacom driver but no way to do it using shortcuts like in Clip studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press and hold the R key down the hold part is the important thing.  You do not just want to press it  or tap it that is the shortcut foe the Rotate tool Photoshop will Select the Rotate tool and it will become the Active tool.   However, if you press and hold the R key down while it is down it will be like the Rotate tool is active. You can rotate the document canvas with the pen|Mouse|Touch Pads whatever device you want to use. When you release the R key the Brush tool will be the active tool and you can continue printing

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all. I have the same problem. On iMac (Apple), using Photoshop 23.1.1, when I rotate canvas (R), holding down (quite heavily) R, it works, but only sometimes. First two times is OK, when releasing R it automatically goes back to the brush tool, but sometimes it doesn't. I am not used to it and having to click once and again B for brush tool slows down my workflow, and sometimes I lose concentration... Is that a bug of the Photoshop version? Are they going to fix it soon? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines