• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate tool and Scrubby zoom is not working

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 've been using Photoshop 2018 for two years, it works just fine until yesterday Scrubby zoom option greyed out. I tried the preference setting but it doesn't help. Then I installed the 2020 version, and it works perfectly in the first few hours. Suddenly scrubby zoom and rotation tool greyed out again. Then I keep uninstall and install, uploaded my video card driver to the latest.  Checked the Graphics Processor setting.  But the problems are not solved.

My system is 

OpenGL.pngpreference.pngPSversion.pngSystem.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. 😞  I'll leave the topic to someone who might have a better idea.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that does not work, Reset Preferences:

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but my problems are still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any luck? I have the same video card and similar issues. When I resize an image, I lose scrubby zoom. I'm thinking of getting a different video card perhaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you know if Scrubby Zoom is there until you resize an image? It was happening to me everytime I resized and image.

This is what worked for me...

First, just in case, go to "Preferences" and select "General" and hit "Reset Preferences on Quit".  Just to clear everything out.

NOW. Open an image. Go to "Image" and select "Image Size". BUT instead of doing what you usually do, on the drop down menu for "Resample" select "Preserve Details 2.0" instead of Automatic. And resize your image. It should work fine after that.

At least on my computer Photoshop chokes when on the "Automatic" or the original "Preserve Details" setting.  "Preserve Details 2.0" seems fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines