• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Round Trip Raw from LR to Photoshop CC menus are greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 8.0 Build 1193777 and also using Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.1 20181029.r.41 2018/010/29: 1197484  x64

I am using this on a system that was recently upgraded to the October 2018 Build of Windows 10.

The problem I have started seeing is that when I tell lightroom to edit a raw image in Adobe Photoshop CC it will send the file into Photoshop.  However, now when I get the images loaded, I cannot use filters and many of the editing menus are greyed out.   If I save the file back into Adobe Lightroom the default format I use is a TIF.   I then can resend the TIF version back to photoshop, and the editing menus are not greyed out and can now be used.

I can open a RAW file and the edit menus are normal.   Its only doing this when round tripping from Lightroom.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop with no effect.  I did some editing to the same series of images a week before the windows 10 upgrade and didn't have any issues.   I am not  aware of any other system changes since that time other that windows security updates and the base version windows upgrade.

2018-11-24 21_38_54-Window.jpg

2018-11-24 21_39_26-Window.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a known issue, workaround is to open Photoshop first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem but with windows 7 Professional 

Thank you for the workaround Ged

But when will this issue be fixed Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This forum is answered by volunteers. We do not work for Adobe so cannot comment on when it will be fixed. What we do know is that Adobe have acknowledged the issue so we would expect it to be resolved in a future release.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable Welcome/Home screen i PS solve the problem when coming from Lightroom. It works for me anyway! 🙂

//Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a followup - This bug was resovled in a later relase.   Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines