• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rubber sheet fitment of photo to specified points picked in photo and on destination ?

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS6

Imagine a photo is printed on a rubber sheet, you activate that layer and pick several points on the photo and the same number of points on another image activated layer where these points need to go to, taking the photo and rubber sheeting it into place when the ok button is pressed .

Pshop has distort and warp and perspective, but it takes a lot of fiddling to try and map the photo, one small move of a handle and what matched just now top right doesnt, tail chase etc !

I have a photo taken at a angle to the subject and a plan (orthographic) of the subject I need to map the photo to so I know it will theoretically fit with some distortion. Best way normally is distort tool, better than perspective, but my idea above would be a godsend. Especially for parts of the photo which are on a curve, distort tool best suited to planar surfaces.  Maybe options include use 'distort' methods, or perspective' methods, determining which 'engine' to use in the mapping for best fit.

What is there to do this as I am forever trying to turn angled shots of subjects into photos matching to a plan drawing.

Needed for CS6.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing sounds like Puppet Warp which is available for CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/warp-images-shapes-paths.html#puppet_warp 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks but I dont think so looking at the wiggly railings on the warp example, and the cloth monkey bent round in a sharp curve, thats distorting parts of an image and keeping other parts as before, I need the image to still look like it did but be best fitted to  its new destination with certain parts near or at chosen points.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Needed for CS6.

Hi

CS6 will never be updated as it has reached end of life and is no longer supported. If this is ever implemented, it could only be in a future release of Photoshop CC. Feature requests can be made to the product team here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines