Highlighted

Running slow - performance settings

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a 1 year old laptop (Windows) with 16 GB of RAM.

I have nothing open except photoshop and sometimes lightroom at the same time but after about 2 hours of use it runs incredibly slow and often freezes when I ask something a little complicated of it.

Can someone help me with performance preferences. It's currently set to use 82% RAM, graphics processor ticked, history states 50, cache levels 8, cache tile size 1024k.

What am I doing wrong? 

(please don't answer, get a mac or get more RAM)

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Running slow - performance settings

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a 1 year old laptop (Windows) with 16 GB of RAM.

I have nothing open except photoshop and sometimes lightroom at the same time but after about 2 hours of use it runs incredibly slow and often freezes when I ask something a little complicated of it.

Can someone help me with performance preferences. It's currently set to use 82% RAM, graphics processor ticked, history states 50, cache levels 8, cache tile size 1024k.

What am I doing wrong? 

(please don't answer, get a mac or get more RAM)

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, cache levels is 6 not 8.

I use photoshop for photography editing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0