Same settings but the different color/value intensity

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I recently came across this issue where all settings are exactly the same, but each file color/brightness intensities are different when put side by side.

-Both PSD files were created and only used by me so far. (No file sharing)
-Color profile setting is exactly the same for both.
-Layers are exactly the same (basically dragged from one to another)
-Both on RGB 8bit

When both files are open together on screen, they look different. I tried to figure out what's causing this and from what I found, it's the adjustment layers that are behaving differently. The histagram looks exactly the same when only the original image is visible, but as I make each adj layer (curve, Hue/Sat, etc) visible, the histagram for the same exact photo changes.

Do you know what's causing this issue??
Thank you
TOPICS
Bug, FAQ, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they both have the same embedded profile? sRGB, Adobe RGB, ProPhoto?

If not, the adjustment layers will mean different things, and appearance will change as you drag adjustment layers over. Any numerical adjustment is color space specific.

Your color settings aren't important, they are just defaults. The embedded document profile will always override it.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines