• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same size and style appears DIFFERENT size on different photoshop documents

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to create titles on top of my images. I use Photoshop Type tool. I use exactly the SAME size, type, and style on both images. However the text appears DIFFERENT size (smaller) on the second image. I tried different things such as changing size and style but it still appears smaller on the second image. Both images are the same resolution I don't know if that matters at all. Would really appreciate if someone helps me to resolve this issue, thanks so much,

Marianne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

It's because a point is a physical size unit, 1/72 inch. It's from traditional lead typesetting.

That doesn't work in Photoshop, which only works with pixels, not sizes. So the only way to translate from one to the other, is via the pixels per inch number, ppi.

In other words, check your ppi numbers. The same point size will be big in, say, a 72 ppi file, and small in a 300 ppi file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because a point is a physical size unit, 1/72 inch. It's from traditional lead typesetting.

That doesn't work in Photoshop, which only works with pixels, not sizes. So the only way to translate from one to the other, is via the pixels per inch number, ppi.

In other words, check your ppi numbers. The same point size will be big in, say, a 72 ppi file, and small in a 300 ppi file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your reply. Both images are 300 ppi but they were originally taken as JPEGs NOT RAW.  But I tried to match the actual size of the 2nd image to the first image and that seemed to work, the title text appears to be the same or almost the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines