• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same sizes not matching

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image 20cm h x 118.3 cmw @ 300. When I click Command N to make a new blank image of exactly the same size, although the new image has the same specs (and old & new blank image both 8 bit, the 2 images are NOT the same size (????).

When I move the 1st image onto the blank new image, tmy photgraph falls onto the new image way smaller.

I cannot work out what is going on. Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have set resolution to 300 pixels per centimeter in the new image, which equals 762 pixels per inch.

Change it to 300 pixels per inch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! Didn't notice. Never happened before in more thqan 20 yers digital. Who knows why, but right now - just thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I went to my preferences & there it was. Units & rulers had somehow become pixels/inch. (I have been having some hardare issues). Anyway, I changed it & all good now & I also inderstand what was happening.

So appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines