Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same Transformation as Smart Object

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

is there a script which can transform a layer (e.g. Layer 1) the same way like a smart object without opening the smart object and paste layer 1.

Thank you for your help,

Sebastian

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question does not seem to make sense to me.

Please explain what you actually mean, maybe post screenshots including the pertinent Panels. 

Why don’t you use Layer > Smart Objects > Replace Contents instead of opening the SO and pasting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for this.

I have a document with many layers. 

The top layer is a SO and called TRANSFORM.

Now I would like to copy the transformation settings of my smart object to a rastarized layer in the current document.

Thank you for your help,

Sebastian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. New smartobject via copy (from original TRASFORM SO)
2. Edit this smart object
3. Duplicate your layer to smart object doc.
4. Close-save smart object doc.
5. Rasterize smart object.

upd.
You can also pull out the transformation parameters for the smart object with a script and apply them to the layer. But this is a complicated script. I have no ready code. Need time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey r-bin,

thank you very much for help and time.

Your workflow works perfect, but it´s time consuming.

so my thought was that a script woul make it easier and faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I have a document with many layers. 

The top layer is a SO and called TRANSFORM.

Now I would like to copy the transformation settings of my smart object to a rastarized layer in the current document."

I believe that make no sense unless there are  there  are other factors involved that you are not stating.

All smart object layer have an associated Layer transform  that transform the hardened smart object pixels the can not be changed by Photoshop tools.  This transform produces the layers pixel content.   The harden object can be any aspect ratio and size.  The Associated transform can rotate scale and distort the object however it was set for the object.  The transform settings would only be useful for a layer is that sames sized of the hardened object.  Which may be a scaled version of a placed image file. 

Are you not stating other factors like the layer and the hardens object are known to be the same size and you want to rotate and distort the layer like the object is being transformed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines