• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save a copy has changed

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I press Ctrl + Shift + S like I have done for the whole of existence, I used to be able to save as a PNG, JPG etc. NOW, they've changed this meaning I have to press a different shortcut key or press the "Save a copy" button. Real talk, can we make this an optionable feature? Or even better, can we put it back exactly how it was before? Very, very frustrating. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + Shft + S still works for me as Save As. Sounds like you have a Photoshop PSD say with multiple layers and when you try Save As, the formats are limited unless you clik the Save a copy button. Yes, this has changed. Sometimes Adobe does change things they think are better but confuse people who have been doing things for a long time in the 'old' way.

This forum doesn't get attention from Adobe for feature/bug reports. For that, you could post in the link below:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I locked this thread since I see it being discussed in the one below:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/ctrl-shift-s-no-longer-saves-as-in-photoshop-from-psd-files... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I locked the conversation thinking it was a duplicate of another. I now see there are a few posts from different people talking about the Save a Copy thing. I've unlocked this thread to allow any response, perhaps on submitting a feature/bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines