• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save a Layered File With Limited Metadata? Copyright and Contact Only.

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually export graphics I create as JPG from Lightroom where I can check to include only Copyright and Contact info, but what about when I need to publish (to share) photoshop or tiff layered files? How can I strip those of things like "Preserved File Name", Camera info, etc.?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

A Lightroom forum pointed me in the direction of Jeffrey Friedl's “Metadata Wrangler” Lightroom Plugin

This did the trick! I can export originals with the metadata stripped. Easy Peasy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a script to do that, however, an action can mostly do similar:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/script-to-remove-all-meta-data-from-the-photo/m-p/10400906?...

Once installed, you can record the script into an action and also include the File Info/Metadata Template that includes only your copyright and contact info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm not very comfortable running scripts, but I see there is also a link on how to install so I'll give it a go when I have time. I'm a little reluctant to try it out for the first time on a collection that needs to be published this week, but I really appreciate the script and link and I will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always a good idea to backup or work on a copy of an original file if you are unsure.

The script is designed to work one image at a time, leaving the original open and the copy unsaved. I have not tested it in Batch, Image Processor or Image Processor Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Lightroom forum pointed me in the direction of Jeffrey Friedl's “Metadata Wrangler” Lightroom Plugin

This did the trick! I can export originals with the metadata stripped. Easy Peasy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines