• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As choices not showing PNG option

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to same my photoshop image as a PNG file.  I saved a file I was working on earlier today in the PNG format but this evening that option was gone.  I updated my photoshop thinking that might have been the problem but it still is not there.  I need to save this image as a PNG format to upload to another company that needs it in that format.  How do I get the PNG format saving option back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.35.06 PM.png

Use the "Save a Copy" button. Click the "more info" button for further details. You might have added a layer that disqualified it from being saved back as a .png I could also suggest flattening the file, but you wouldn't be able to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the "Save as Copy" option in the File menu.  Where is that choice located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To clarify, it's not "Save as Copy", but rather "Save a Copy". In 22.4, it's here:

7C570C0B-7E7B-45A0-85D5-95435CD34143.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paulathorne "Save As" is located in the "File" menu right under "Save".

When I do a Save As, I am seeing PNG as a file format for saving. But if you have any layers, you will not see the PNG format option.

Right under "Save As" you will "Save A Copy " where you will see PNG as a file option. When you do that, PS will flatten the image and save it as a PNG. I just did that and opened it in PS 22.4 and verified the PNG has been flattened with just one layer.

Edited to add: Jane beat me to the answer 🙂

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Save A Copy option should be located under File and right under Save As. This is in the newest version recently updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a better solution. This brings back all the new feature to the old ones.
Go to Preferences -> File Management and check on the top right "Enable Previous Save as name" and check the Do not add "copy" etc..
After that you can "save as" like before with PNG and JPEG etc.. showing like before 🙂 Sorry for bad translations I have Italian Client

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works. Just bear in mind that it works in 22.4.2 where Legacy Save As was introduced.

The original question here arose from an earlier version 22.4 when Save a Copy was first introduced and Legacy Save As did not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I had the same problem... and I discovered that I was trying to save a CMYK format file to a .png format, and that won't work. When I changed the format to RGB the .png option once again displayed. Hope that helps! 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that but it's still not showing a transparent background. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines