Highlighted

'Save as' is not activated.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finish working on a document I usually save it as a different document to the one I started and save as a .Tif. At the moment ''Save as' will not become activated. I can also not open a New document from the top of the File menu. I have asked for help from Adobe but the guy who was helping me suddenly disappeared and did not come back. Does anyone here have a clue what is wrong? Windows 10 latest edition

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'Save as' is not activated.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finish working on a document I usually save it as a different document to the one I started and save as a .Tif. At the moment ''Save as' will not become activated. I can also not open a New document from the top of the File menu. I have asked for help from Adobe but the guy who was helping me suddenly disappeared and did not come back. Does anyone here have a clue what is wrong? Windows 10 latest edition

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop?

Did you reboot your computer?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Photoshop 2021. I installed it as soon as it became available - a cople of weeks - and have used it without problem until today. I have uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled it but the problem is still there and both Windows and Photoshop have been opened and closed several times.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit > Preferences > General.

Click the Reset Preferences on Quit button.

Restart Photoshop.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy - I had uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled not keeping preferences on the new install. but I have tried your suggestion just in case there was a little magic that I didn't know about but it is still the same - unable to save and unable to open a new document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@angie_tianshi,

Which Windows version & build # do you have?

In Win search, type winver and enter command.

Which anti-virus do you have?

What type of file can you not open and what type of file can you not SaveAs?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0