• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Save as jpeg' shortcut possible? - in same folder as open file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use 'Save as .jpeg' ALL the time (Photoshop CS6, Mac ML), and it really feels like I should just be able to press one button (a shortcut) and the name/quality dialogs don't appear and it just saves a .jpeg into the folder that my original .PSD/file is in.

So basically:

- Press one button to save my open .PSD/file as a .jpeg

- Automatically save it in the same folder as my .PSD

- Save it as '10' quality in the jpeg settings

- No dialog boxes, as soon as I press the button, it saves it - if there's already a .jpeg of the same name, it creates a '-1','-2' etc.

I've tried using 'Actions', but it seems to save it wherever my original Action folder was - it doesn't change to whatever the current folder the .PSD is in...

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use File/scripts/image processor to do this, but takes several clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, nearly!

I managed to combine it with an Action and assign it to an F key - but it's missing 2 things:

- Pressing F6, instead of 'running' the image processor script, opens the dialog box so I have to click it

- The script does all of the open files, not just the single one I'm working on

But thanks, that reduces it to 1 button press and a click! Can anyone reduce that to 1 button press??

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set up a shortcut key.  "How To" in this How to Customize Keyboard Shortcuts in Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Automatically save it in the same folder as my .PSD

- Save it as '10' quality in the jpeg settings

- No dialog boxes, as soon as I press the button, it saves it - if there's already a .jpeg of the same name, it creates a '-1','-2' etc.

A Script can do all that and if you use a Configurator Panel to trigger it this becomes a one-click-task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Script Paul Riggott offered in

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4454061#4454061

would not work on Mac, I’m afraid, but it might provide a starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to pursue the scripting option place your request in PS scripting forum at Photoshop Actions and scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone! I've posted in Scripts and will wait for a bite!

One-click 'Save as jpeg' shortcut script please! - saved in the same folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

A lot of people are having the same issue regarding the Save As command in Actions. However, the solution is simple and it requires no scripting.

Try this: Create a folder (eg. temp) in a removable media (usb flash drive) and use this folder (temp) when you record the "Save As" action. When you're done recording, eject that media.

The next time you playback your action, Photoshop will take you to the same location as your opened file, since it cannot locate the previous destination (temp). It will however ask for a filename (identical to the opened one) so you can click OK, or hit Enter. Quite useful when you want to eg. save your opened raw files to JPG in the same folder.

Please notice that it is important that you DO create a folder in the removable media. If you go ahead without a folder, Photoshop (when you eject the media) will save to a hidden folder in System called Volumes (Mac OS), which is hidden by default.

I've tried it on a Mac, but I'm sure it works the same on Windows as well.

Hope this helped. Just remember NOT to insert that media when you playback your action in the future. Rename the media if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines