Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as Photoshop PDF not seen as Option

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just recently updated the photoshop app, but when in trying to save my work it doesn't seem to have the option of saving the file as a PDF in the scroll bar menu:

Screenshot (1).png

I've tried changing the modes from RGB to CMYK 8 bits, 16 bits, etc.

Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden.

Before the PDFs were able to keep its' layer details without being flattened and still be opened and saved as a PDF.

Please let me know if this is a bug,

Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

File > Save a Copy

No bug, change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Save a Copy

No bug, change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I my opinion  "Save a Copy" has the wrong name its name should be "Save a Version"  I  believe Adobe named it "Save a Copy" because of how Apple change their  file system  to version with a " copy" in the files name.   Adobe could not change all OS version File system so they created  Photoshop file versioning  "Save a Version/Copy" and Change how Photoshop "Save As" Feature Works reverted to how Savs As work years ago where it could not save a flat image file format from a layered Document. However,  for the users  convenience Adobe added a Button into the changed  Save As UI "Save a Version/Copy"   Adobe added versioning to  Photoshop for all OS version.  Adobe did not add this  to iPads Photoshop for it can not save files it  uses cloud documents can not deals with files.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since 22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel or hidden pixels etc) then the file format is moved from Save As (Shift+Ctrl+S) to the Save a Copy command (Alt+Ctrl+S). This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

In the case of PDF it will appear in Save a Copy as the dialogues that follow the choice of the PDF format, allow elements of the file to be lost (e.g. downsampling or not keeping editability). So it is in the Save a Copy category.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines