• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as type menu issues

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've recently come across an issue within photoshop that does not allow me to save my files as anything but a PSD, PSB, or TIFF.

Screenshot (16).png

I'm very confused as to why this suddenly happened (right after i closed and then reopened the program) and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it. As a workaround, I've just been exporting files (as pngs/jpegs) but it's a little inconvenient to go through that and I would like my original menu back.

This may or may not be related so I'll mention it anyways, but I've also recently run into issues with saved pngs. This goes back as far as April and it's only in select documents, but for some reason, a couple of pngs do not act the way they are supposed to. I can view them fine on my computer, but as soon as I try and upload them to a cloud service or email them to people, they become unviewable for some unknown reason. I normally save my files in 3 different types: psd, jpg, and then png. Only the pngs dont work, I have no clue why.

As another mention that may or may not be connected, when I draw (which is what I use PS for) I go back between two different programs. Nothing special, I just use PS to sketch, the other program to line my work, and then go back to PS to finish the drawing. The other program takes PS files fine, but I don't know if that is for some reason screwing things up. 

Hopefully, this is not too vague and if there is more information needed, I will be happy to answer with it. Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

File types that do not support the layers or bit depth in your document now appear in the separate Save As Copy menu.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File types that do not support the layers or bit depth in your document now appear in the separate Save As Copy menu.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh gosh, I see. Thank you for the reply! I really appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use Photoshop 2021!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines