• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save file using custom plugin file format adobe script

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iam using a custom plugin that takes a jpg and converts it to its custom tiff format using the save as dialog.Can i call this custom plugin through adobe script or can i call the save as dialog to prompt the user?thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Looking around i found a plugin for photoshop called ScriptListener which works by recording actions in photoshop and converts it into adobe script code.So i just simply installed scriptlistener open photoshop and created a new action and started recording the action then in my case i opened a file went to SaveAs selected the custom file format plugin saved the file stopped the recording.Then there were log files from script listener on my desktop i just simply copy and pasted the section of cod

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking around i found a plugin for photoshop called ScriptListener which works by recording actions in photoshop and converts it into adobe script code.So i just simply installed scriptlistener open photoshop and created a new action and started recording the action then in my case i opened a file went to SaveAs selected the custom file format plugin saved the file stopped the recording.Then there were log files from script listener on my desktop i just simply copy and pasted the section of code i needed,the only note adobe says is to not leave script listener installed as it will constantly record your actions and create log files anytime you use photoshop with the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct, such as method was used below for a custom JPEG XR format plugin:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/how-to-use-javascript-to-save-jpeg-xr-files/m-p/10912391

The raw SL recorded code can often be cleaned so that it is more "user friendly":

https://github.com/rendertom/Clean-SL

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/clean-sl/td-p/9358420

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines